Hi, I’m John. My core interests flow from these questions:
- What could the future contain? What should it?
- How can we get there? How should we?
- How can I help? How should I?
A lot of topics follow from these. A few of the big ones are:
- Economics and human behavior
I have a handful of core values which help me navigate these topics:
- Openness - I want to know what’s out there
- Optimism - it’s easier to find reasons to say no than yes
- Playful detachment - I love opinions, but I try to keep them out of my identity
- Preference for the unconventional - An uncommon idea is more useful, even if it is less likely
- Appreciation of inconsistency - I want to minimize friction that would hold me back from changing my mind
I’ve started a few companies:
- Cognito is an API for identity verification
- Bloom is a decentralized protocol for identity and credit
I’m pretty active online and I like to share my work: